Project Badweyn is a tool for understanding connections between Somali coastal activities and resources. Visualizing these connections informs strategies to build economically and ecologically sustainable communities, while avoiding future conflicts.
- Click the grey square next to a data layer to turn it on and off.
- Collapse or expand a category by clicking on its title.
- Double click or scroll up to zoom in. Scroll down to zoom out.
- Click and drag to move the map.
- Click "Learn More" to get more information about the category and the data sources.
Somali waters (badweyn in Somali) are bustling with marine activities ranging from fishing to shipping. Under the water, vibrant ecosystems support the activities above. Effective governance of these activities, marine spaces, and resources reduces the risks of conflicts, overfishing, and economic insecurity.
We welcome your feedback and knowledge. Please take the Somali or English survey to provide input that will improve Project Badweyn. Contact Paige Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions or comments.